top of page
London | Permanent | Great benefits
Our Client is one of the rising stars within the Insurance Industry and are now looking for an additional Household underwriter to support the team. This is currently covering 2 of their own products using their own wordings with 5 different insurers.
They have various household delegated authorities and the internal underwriting team are acting on behalf of their insurers working on both new business and renewals.
The successful Household Underwriter will be required to demonstrate the following skills, Experience and Knowledge but will not be limited to:
• Varied knowledge of Household/Non-Standard Property insurance.
• 2 years minimum experience within Insurance Underwriters.
• Previous experience using Acturis.
• Underwrite (within the confines of the In-house Underwriting Authority) and, where appropriate, undertake negotiations for risks that have been ‘flagged’ for review.
• Undertake negotiations with Underwriters, where appropriate, for New Business and Mid Term Adjustments and Renewals.
• Consider Insurers risk appetite at all times.
• Provide prompt and accurate technical assistance, and best advice to colleagues.
• Deal efficiently with communications and keep accurate and complete records of the same.
• Plan and organise workloads in order to meet business priorities and timescales.
• Build meaningful insurer and colleague relationships.
• To take responsibility for your own Personal Development.
• To be aware of the insurance market and competitors. Right to Work in the UK If candidates progress to the second round of interviews they will be expected to bring with them evidence of their right to work in the UK Pre-Employment Screening Once an offer of employment has been made and accepted, the following pre-employment screening will be carried out: -
• Identity check • Basic Criminal Records check • Adverse Financial check
bottom of page