The role of a Loss Adjuster is to investigate insurance claims on behalf of the insurer and determine the extent of circumstances surrounding the claim. After checking the authenticity of the claim as well as negotiating an acceptable amount, Loss Adjusters will report the details to the insurer.
A Loss Adjuster will typically review the following:
· That the right insurance is in place to cover the loss
· Whether you have met the terms and conditions of your policy
· The loss falls within the policy
· That the amount of the claim is reasonable
What is the difference between a Loss Adjuster and a Loss Assessor?
Loss Assessors assist in presenting a claim clearly to the insurance company as well as being called on to help with loss-related insurance claims. Overall, both a Loss Adjuster and Loss Assessor are similar roles but represent different sides of the claim.
What are the responsibilities of a Loss Adjuster?
Although the responsibilities of a Loss Adjuster will vary depending on the field of work, these are some duties that may need to be fulfilled:
· Writing detailed reports for insurers
· Providing evidence in court
· Ensuring all evidence is gathered and checked thoroughly
· Advising on what factors or measures may reduce the risk of further loss
Skills and personal qualities needed as a Loss Adjuster:
· Good observational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Have a good understanding of different trades
· Great organisational skills
What education and training are required:
Many employers will require work experience in careers such as risk management, law, engineering, and accountancy. Employers may look for GCSE’S in Maths and English and BTEC diploma, HNC/HND or a degree in accounting or finance, economics, or law.
What is the National Average Salary:
The national average salary for a Loss Adjuster is up to £38,000 in the United Kingdom. However, this may differ depending on geographical area.
If you’re interested in taking the next steps in your career as a Loss Adjuster or working in the Insurance sector in general, apply with us today and we can find the perfect placement for you. Feel free to call us on 0203 225 5584 to discuss everything in further detail.