A Marine Insurance Technician is an essential role in the insurance industry. The role includes the process of claims and issuing new forms. An important part of the role includes checking policies and ensuring that premiums have been paid as well as checking proposal forms from customers to brokers.
What are the responsibilities of a Marine Technician?
The role is constantly developing and therefore the responsibilities may continue to change however, these responsibilities are an overall insight into what the job entails:
· Assist in controlling premiums and chasing bad debts
· Support Broker in servicing client accounts
· Liaison with clients and markets if necessary
· Prepare underwriting information for broking purposes
· Adhere to financial reporting requirements
· Dealing with queries from Brokers and clients
What skills are required?
The role of a Marine Technician requires a lot of different skills. These skills include:
· Good numerical knowledge
· Complex problem-solving skills
· Confident in the ability to liaise and manage clients
· Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Good organisational skills
· Excellent time management skills
· The ability to think strategically
· Accurate and timely when producing technical documentation
· Strong market knowledge
What qualifications are required?
Although the majority of companies will not require a university degree, many value the level of experience you attain. As the job role requires a high-level skill set majority of companies will require a minimum of five years of experience working within the Marine insurance broking sector.
What is the average national salary?
Although the salary may differ depending on the company, the national average salary for a Marine Technician in the United Kingdom is £50,000 per annum. However, this may differ depending on the level of experience, the company, and the geographical area.
If you’re interested in taking the next steps in your career working as a Marine Technician or in the insurance sector in general, apply with us today and we can find the perfect placement for you. Feel free to call us on 0203 225 5584 to discuss everything in further detail.